Reading in bed just got a little hotter.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Interview with Kate Hill

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
1) Links to website and list of books with purchase links.

My website is http://www.kate-hill.com. All my available titles are listed on the contents page of the sight. Click on a cover and it will take you to info about the book.

2) How long have you been writing? What got you in to writing?

I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t writing or telling stories. I can’t think of a specific thing that got me into it, other than a love of storytelling.

3) What was your first published book? Looking back, is there
anything you’d change about it?

My first published novel was Darkness Therein. Since it was reprinted by another publishing house several years after its initial release, I was lucky enough to make any changes I wanted to. My first published work was actually a short story called Goddess of the Wine. It was part of the anthology A Taste of Midnight from Circlet Press.

4) What or Who has influenced your writing?

Everyone who has written a story I enjoy has inspired me to keep writing.

5) Where do you get your ideas?

For me ideas can come from just about anything. A person, place, object or circumstance can stir a book idea.

6) What hinders your writing? (distractions? noise?)

I prefer to write in a quiet place with as few distractions as possible.

7) What genre are you most comfortable with? What would you like
to explore?

I love paranormal. I also love horror and would like to explore that genre more as a writer.

8) Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you
have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some
semblance of common sense?

I prefer to write using a loose outline so I know where I’m going but still have room for changes if necessary.

9) Which of your books is your favorite? Why?

I can’t choose a favorite because each book has things I love about it and parts that gave me trouble.

10) Do you incorporate some of yourself into your characters?
Personality traits? Likes? Dislikes?

Some of my characters are similar to me and others are completely opposite. For me the characters have their own personalities. I don’t always agree with the things they say and do, but I need to be true to them.

11) What do you think is the perfect hero/heroine? Why?

To me the perfect hero or heroine is imperfect. Someone with flaws and insecurities as well as admirable traits are the kind of characters I love.

12) Do you have any suggestions/comments for prospective
authors?

I would say just keep writing and never give up, but if the stories are inside you, you wont’ be able to stop telling them. If you want to write professionally, I think it’s important to decide where you want to go. Some people have their sights set on a major publisher while others are happier working with small press. Everyone has their own ideas about what success is, so be true to yourself and don’t get discouraged by those who have a different idea of what a “real” writer is.

JUST FOR FUN:

1) What is the sexiest or most erotic thing someone has said
to you?

In real life I haven’t known too many people with the gift of romantic gab. That’s part of the reason I write romantic fantasies!

2) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
I think I’d like to be a gorilla. They’re powerful animals but also seem to share a lot of similarities to humans and they’re vegetarian too. LOL!

3) What would be a perfect date for you?

A perfect date for me would be going for a workout and maybe a hike then having dinner at home and whatever comes next. J

4) Do you have any obsessions? What are they?

I really love horror movies.

Excerpt from Mate Marks Cursed: Wild Woods
Author: Kate Hill
Genre: Erotica Paranormal
Available From: Changeling Press
Cover Art: Marteeka Karland

Blurb:

After a magical artist tattoos an intriguing demon on her skin, Madison meets a gorgeous stranger with an alarming reputation and a fiercely sexy winged creature with an attitude. She senses they are one and the same. Despite the danger surrounding them, she’s drawn to them by an inexplicable force.

Half-human and half-demon, Brody has spent his life fighting against his evil birthright. Despite the hatred of the townsfolk, he uses his supernatural powers to defend them from his foul bloodline.

Neither Madison nor Brody can fight their lust or deny their love, but hell is out to get him. When everyone close to him, especially his destined mate, is targeted by eight generations of Blazewood demons, the only way to fight evil is with evil.

Excerpt:

“Don’t you just want to eat her?” said a deep, sinister voice to Brody’s left.

Glancing from the corner of his eye, he saw another winged demon in the shape of a man, except covered in charcoal colored scales. Reddish eyes gleamed in his angular face, and his red lips curved into a leering grin. The demon flew naked, his powerful muscles rippling in the moonlight, his thick cock stiff, as if aroused by the wind, and his rat-like tail lashing.

“No,” Brody lied. He wanted to lick and taste every part of her. The feel of her firm yet rounded body and her delectable scent roused his lust more than anyone he’d ever met. Like most of his kind, Brody had a powerful sexual appetite, but this woman pushed his desire off the charts. The sensation was magical and almost irresistible.

“Come on, son, you said yourself she’s delicious. All it takes is the taste of one sweet soul, and you join the party.”

“I don’t have a taste for sweet souls.”

The demon chuckled. “The scent of your lust says otherwise. This human lights your fire--literally.”

“Get out of my sight.”

“If you’re not going to eat her in the traditional way, then at least eat her in the sexual way. You knocked her out. She won’t know any better.”

“I’ll know.”

“Sometimes I wonder if you’re my son at all or if a shadowing angel got to your mother before me.”

Brody glared at his father. His grip unconsciously tightened on Madison, and she moaned. He loosed his hold and momentarily closed his eyes, resting his cheek against the top of her head and enjoying the scent of her hair.

***
Be sure to stop by Kate Hill's website to find out more about her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment