Reading in bed just got a little hotter.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Interview with Ronna Gage

1) Links to website and list of books with purchase links.
    Website           
    BOOKS:
    Love Lessons
    First Thanksgiving ***This book landed 8th place with the P&E readers' poll!***
    Tell Me a Lie
        
2) How long have you been writing? What got you in to writing?
I have been writing for seven years now. I have always been a story teller, but it wasn’t until I made the decision to put it down and paper and share that I started writing.

3) What was your first published book? Looking back, is there anything you’d change about it?
Afternoon Delight was the first published. I would make the character development stronger. It was a short story, but I could have done so much better.

4) What or Who has influenced your writing?
I guess my mother, Mary and my brother, Tom. They both write, but don’t want to share.

5) Where do you get your ideas?
Many places really. I have trouble sleeping so I make up mini mental journeys. If they are really good, I write it down. I also get a lot of story ideas from music. I use music when I write to influence a scene and tap into the emotions I need. I.e. Country music for that Love Hurts feeling of a break up. Rock for the excited and new relationship…etc.

6) What hinders your writing? (distractions? noise?)
Right now my 3 month old Labrador puppy LUKE. Cute little guy, but very distracting.

7) What genre are you most comfortable with? What would you like to explore?
I am comfortable with the contemporary, but I would like to do another paranormal.  Maybe even a historical.

8) Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kinds of writer, or do you have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some semblance of common sense?
I do research; get the finer points of the story’s angle…like in Mystic Journey I used the torture methods to show the not so romantic side of the historical.  I study them and then just write. I look over stuff again in the editing process with my critique partner Ava James.

9) Which of your books is your favorite? Why?
Mystic Journey. It is a mix of historical, time-travel, and contemporary.

10) Do you incorporate some of yourself into your characters? Personality traits? Likes? Dislikes?
Yes, I think we all do. The character has to be someone you can relate to. I don’t over indulge too much, but I write about what I know. I write about teachers and police most of the time.

11) What do you think is the perfect hero/heroine? Why?
The perfect hero is one that is alpha of course, romantic to a point, and sees her side of the situation as well. The perfect female is one that is strong willed, determined, stands up for herself, but lets her guard down for her man.

12) Do you have any suggestions/comments for prospective authors?
1. WRITE.
2 PROMOTE when the book is released. Make this story the best you can, because there for every one contract to publish are ten or more rejections.

JUST FOR FUN: (answer as many as you want)
1) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A dog…they are loyal and affectionate. Then a cat, because they are independent.

2) If you had super powers, what would they be? Why?
ESP

3) If you could be an immortal, what would you want to be? Why?
Not sure. Hmm.

4) If you could change three things in the world, what would they be? Why?         
The way children show respect to one another and to adults.
Jobs
Homelessness
I would change these three things because I can right now. Show a young person love and respect and don’t take bad attitude. Find a job and keep it. Only you can take care of you. And the homelessness, help some one out in some small way. It is all we can do.

5) What would be a perfect date for you?
Going out with my husband to a nice restaurant and take our time eating and talking…getting to know one another again.

6) Is there anywhere you’d like to visit? Why?
I would like to take a cruise to Hawaii. It is 2 weeks of talking.

7) Do you have any obsessions? What are they?
Does chocolate count?

8) Do you have a crush on any actor/actress? Who?
Crush; I like Alex O’Laughlin, Adam Baldwin, Sam Elliot,

No comments:

Post a Comment